In simple words, a charitable Required Minimum Distribution is still an RMD but the only difference is that you are also directing it to a charity.
In this episode, The Retirement Solution’s associate planner, Shane Perry sheds some light on all things charitable RMDs and gifting to help you understand its different financial components before you pass it down to your heirs and beneficiaries.
You will learn:
- Who can opt for an RMD and what are the new age-related updates?
- Rules for those considering a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD)
- How to redirect an RMD to a Donor Advised Fund
- Tax considerations around gifting and reasons why people should gift assets while alive
- How are families using and approaching conversations around charitable RMDs and gifting?
- And more!
Listen today and discover everything you need to know about charitable RMDs and gifting!