Non-retirement investments are “non-qualified,” meaning that you’re investing with after-tax dollars and are not subject to any special tax treatment.
In this episode, The Retirement Solution’s Tyler Lively navigates the path of investing with non-retirement funds. All this while highlighting the role of retirement, taxes, ETFs, and mutual funds within the investment arena.
- From life insurance to college planning: Why follow the general investment hierarchy to invest non-retirement fund money
- Benefits of utilizing after-tax money for investment purposes
- The role of capital gains tax when it comes to after-tax assets – and a breakdown of capital gain rates in 2021
- The idea of “capital loss bank” to offset capital gains
- Utilizing mutual funds in after-tax investments
- The importance of saving during retirement
- And more!
Connect with Tyler Lively:
Connect with The Retirement Solution:
- The Retirement Solution
- (888) 500-5830
About Tyler Lively:
Tyler is motivated by the ability to work closely with clients to help them achieve their financial dreams and goals. Tyler is an integral member of The Retirement Solution Investment Committee and has earned a Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor designation through the College of Financial Planning, as well as the prestigious Certified Financial Planner® designation from the board-registered CFP® educational program.